DST permanent magnetic couplings are essential for environmentally friendly drive solutions - our couplings help to prevent leakages!
DST magnetic couplings can be used in various areas: besides the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industry, DST products are applied in biotechnology, industrial furnaces, water management, compressors, measurement and dosing technology, hydraulics or petrochemistry.
In applications with critical, highly toxic or aggressive media, hermetically sealed drives are inevitable. DST permanent magnetic couplings offer a reliable alternative to conventional dynamic seals due to their contactless and leakage-free torque transmission in pumps and agitators. With well over 1,000 magnet configurations, we are able to find the perfect solution for the diverse applications of our customers.
“With our many years of experience in non-contact torque transmission, we are your first port of call for the design and development of customised solutions using magnetic couplings and agitator drives”.
- Standard: 1 – 1,200 Nm
- Customer-specific: 0.1 up to 25,000 Nm
Optimally matched to the various media, the wetted parts of the magnetic coupling are made of different materials (Note – German material codes shown):
- Standard: 1.4571 and 2.4610 (Hastelloy C-4)
- Stainless steel: 1.4301, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4435, 1.4539, 1.4980
- Hastelloy: 2.4602 (C 22), 2.4819 (C 276)
- Titanium: 3.7165 (Grade 5), 3.7035 (Grade 2), Beta C/Grade 19, Ti 6 2 4 6
- Plastic: PTFE, PFA, TFM, PVDF
- Many other special materials on request.
- Process engineering
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Industrial furnaces
- Water management
- Dosing technology
- Ship industry
Advantages of the magnetic couplings
- ATEX certification
- Well over 1,000 magnet configurations
- Customer-specific solutions
- Contactless torque transmission
- Hermetic sealing between driving and driven side
- Resistant against aggressive media
UK Flowtechnik are excited to help a leading explorer cross the Atlantic in an autonomous boat. Our magnetic coupling will allow the torque from the motor to be conveyed through the boat hull to the propeller increasing efficiency. Follow the adventure.
- Freephone0800 433 4770
- Phone+44(0)1159 017111