The DIMF series density/concentration meter is based on the oscillating element principle. The fluid to be measured flows through the oscillating tuning fork for that is excited electromagnetically and oscillates at its natural frequency.
Changes in the density of the fluid lead to changes in the natural frequency. These frequency changes will be picked up by the electronic transducer and converted into a signal proportional to density or concentration. The measured variable is available as a 4-20 mA output signal and can be shown on the integral display. Major applications are process control and quality monitoring of fluids in all areas of industry.
The device can also be used for density mass flow conversion suitable for custody transfer in connection with the corresponding volumetric meters and flow computers. Certified with Custody transfer MID certification according to Ml005.
- Density range: 0 to 5000KG/m³
- Operating flow rate maximum value: 0 to 10 l/min
- Operating flow rate recommended value: approx. 0.5 to 1 L/min
- Especially suitable for: Non-corrosive liquids
- Version for fiscal metering: available (with PV24 pre amplifier) Measured value: ± 0.0001g/cm³
- Repeatability: 0.00005 g/cm³
- Fluid temperature: -40°C to +150°C (-40°C to +210°C on request)
- Process connection: Female thread G1/4“ ISO 228 or flanges DN 10/PN 40 (or ½“ 150/300 RF)
- Electrical connection: Power supply 14-30 V DC 2-wire technique, 4-20 mA, HART®
- Wetted parts: Special alloy of NiFeCr
- The degree of protection: IP 67 (electronics housing)
- Safety class: II 1/2G EEx ia IIC T4 ZELM 99 ATEX 0008 X, II 2G EEx d [ib] IIC T4 BVS 04 ATEX E020 X
The DIMF 1.3 has been certified with the EC Type Examination certificate: a Custody transfer MID certification according to Ml005.