The OM015 (1/2"), OM025 (1"), OM040 (1.1/2") and OM050 (2") make up the OM Medium range of Oval Gear flowmeters which cover the most common fuel, coolant and lubricating applications. Oval gear flowmeters are positive displacement, giving them independence to changes in viscosity. This makes them ideal for transferring, metering, measuring or batching diesels & fuel oil, lubricating oils (mineral, synthetic or ester (Skydrol/Hyjet) based) or water/glycol mixes, along with a wide range of chemicals such a Methanol, glycerine, vegetable oil, colourants etc.
The rotation of the gears produces an output signal via either a Hall effect device or a reed switch, the latter allowing operation in hazardous areas and with battery powered displays to give stand-alone monitoring. Other options include higher temperatures up to 150oC and quadrature outputs, giving the ability to tell the direction of the fluid as well as the rate, making them ideal for cylinder or valve position sensing. There is also an option for a high viscosity gear design giving the ability to go measure liquids up to many thousands of cPs (cSt).
- Flow Ranges: 1-40, 10-150, 15-250 & 30-500 L/Min (6-120 L/Min available on request)
- Pipe Sizes: ½”, 1”, 1.1/2 & 2”
- Connections Styles: BSPP or NPT threads, ANSI or DIN flanges or Tri-Clamp
- Linearity: +/- 0.5% of reading
- Temperature: - 20 to +120ºC, high temperature version to 150oC
- Pressure: up to 68 Bar (depending on model and size)
- Materials: 316 Stainless Steel or Aluminium with PPS or Stainless Steel gears
- Outputs: Reed switch & NPN open collector (standard), optional quadrature