The OM080 (3") and OM100 (4”) make up the OM LARGE range of Oval Gear flowmeters, each size has an ‘extended’ range option giving 4 flow ranges in all. Oval gear flowmeters are positive displacement, giving them independence to changes in viscosity and at this size are most commonly used to measure, totalise and monitor the transfer, blending or loading & unloading of fuels and petroleum products, they are also suitable for a wide range of medias from solvents & alcohols to thick lubricating oil.
The rotation of the gears produces an output signal via either a Hall effect device or a reed switch, the latter allowing operation in hazardous areas and with battery powered displays to give stand-alone monitoring. Other options include higher temperatures up to 150oC and quadrature outputs, giving the ability to tell the direction of the fluid. There is also an option for a high viscosity gear design giving the ability to go measure liquids up to many thousands of cPs (cSt).
- Flow Ranges: 35-750 L/Min, 50-1,000 L/Min, 75-1,500 L/Min & 150-2,500 L/Min
- Pipe Sizes: 3” and 4”
- Connections Styles: BSPP or NPT threads or ANSI or DIN flanges
- Linearity: +/-0.5% of reading
- Temperature: - 20 to +120ºC, high temperature version to 150oC
- Pressure: 12 Bar (3” meters), 10 Bar (4” meters)
- Materials: 316 Stainless Steel (3” only 750 L/Min unit only) or Aluminium
- Outputs: Reed switch & NPN open collector (standard), optional quadrature