Variable Area Flowmeters
First patented at the beginning of the 19th century, Variable Area (VA) Flowmeters (sometimes called Rotameters) still form an important and substantial part of the modern day instrumentation market. With their simple but robust measuring principle and with glass giving way to modern chemically resistant engineering thermoplastics, the VA flowmeter is ideal for low cost measurement of low viscosity liquids and gases, especially those which are chemically agressive.
- M Series Conical Tube Variable Area Flowmeter - Flow Ranges from 1.5 to 60,000 L/Hr(water) 0.1 to 758 NM3/Hr (air), 3/8” to 2.1/2” in Size. PVC, Trogamide, Polysulfone or PVDF body.
- B, G, H, J & P Series Variable Area Flowmeters - Flow ranges up to 570 l/min for Air, Water, Oils & Chemicals. 1/4" to 2". Aluminium, Brass & Stainless Steel. Pressures up to 414 bar and temperatures up to 315°C.
- HYDRAPRO Flow, Pressure & Temperature test kits with load valve - 110l/min or 190l/min flow ranges with pressure gauge to 400 bar and temperature gauge to 120°C supplied in kit form with easy to use loading valve
- M & N Series Variable Area flowmeter alarms - Flow ranges up to 570 l/min for Air, Water, Oils & Chemicals. 1/4" to 2". Aluminium, Brass & Stainless Steel. Pressures up to 414 bar with 1 or 2 settable alarm switch outputs.
- R Series Variable Area flow transmitters - Flow ranges up to 570 l/min for Air, Water, Oils & Chemicals. 1/4" to 2". Aluminium, Brass & Stainless Steel. Pressures up to 414 bar with analogue (mA or V) or frequency signal output of flow rate.
Please select the category image or title you wish to browse.
Basic Inline Series Flow meterB, G, H, J & P Series Variable Area Flowmeters are universal flowmeters for a huge range of media types & applications.
ClearView seriesClearview series flowmeters are ideal for OEM water and lubrication oil applications with a simple clear moulded body allowing visual inspection of the fluid.
Case Drain MonitorsOur Case Drain monitor is a lower cost option to using the Basic in line flowmeter for pump case drain applications.
Flow SwitchesM & N Series Variable Area flow switch alarms are used in applications such as mobile hydraulic equipment and industrial process control to ensure sufficient flows of coolants and lubricants.
Flow TransmittersR Series Variable Area flow transmitters are suitable for batching, industrial process control, mobile hydraulic equipment and computer/PLC-controlled hydraulic system monitoring applications.
Conical Tube FloatThe M series of variable area flowmeters provide medium to high flow rate indication of low viscosity liquids and gases.
Plexiglass FloatM10 & M11 flowmeters work on the float principle and are used to economically measure water or gas flow rate in closed pipelines.
Diagnostic Test KitsHYDRAPRO Flow, Pressure & temperature Test Kits are used to diagnose faults in hydraulic circuits, determine hydraulic horsepower and test for component wear such as hydraulic valve and cylinder leakage.